A little bit about GA4
Google Analytics 4 (GA4) is the latest version of Google's analytics platform that provides businesses with valuable insights into their digital properties, such as websites and mobile apps. GA4 introduces a new data collection and analysis approach, using machine learning and AI to provide more accurate and comprehensive reporting. The platform offers advanced features like cross-device tracking and enhanced data privacy. It aims to help businesses make better-informed decisions based on a deeper understanding of their customer's behavior.
Shopify will automatically make the change through the Google Sales Application. The upgrade will allow you to receive the benefits of the new platform, such as more advanced analysis capabilities, real-time data, and multi-channel monitoring while maintaining information privacy. Want to know how to make sure yourself?
Six easy steps to connect your Shopify store:
1. Create a Google Analytics 4 property in your Google Analytics account
2. Install the Google sales channel in the store
3. Connect your Google account to the store
4. Select the Google Analytics property you want to connect to the store
5. Perform a migration to the existing data, if there is any: built audiences, tracking conversions for campaigns, etc.
6. It is recommended that you maintain your UA integrations for at least one month after setting up GA4 before disconnecting and removing the UA tracking code
Are you interested in hearing more? If you want us to accompany you in the process - feel free to contact us!